Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blogger Turns 10 and...

...it's asking every Blogger babe and dude: "what's your story?"

Well here's mine.

Before I started The Site Aggregator, I have always been the quiet online observer. I just click and browse from one blogspot to another, often noting the things that have sparked major interest on me. It was just later on in my blog-stalking days that it hit me--why not write about the things that I have been bumping in to on the interweb all this time? And so I have created The Site Aggregator.

TSA is still at its infancy. I must admit, sometimes I just down own up to that header of mine that says "Online 25/8". I don't use feeds. I really do click and click and read and read, because I believe the best stuff in the internet are landed on "by chance". But sometimes, it's just impossible to keep the great things coming, as I am always sidetracked by other things, such as my morning job as an advertising/media practitioner, my afternoon gig as a web developer, and my moonlighting work as a photographer and writer. Not to mention the many hours that I spent going back to what I've always liked doing--just reading other people's blogs. Whew. Quite the superhero that I am. But this is where it gets mushy for Blogger--I have to give credit where credit is due. They have made blogging so easy and quick for everyone that there's virtually no room for creative/artistic fatigue when posting an entry. (I should know what this means because I've tried a lot of free blog publishers out there, and by far Blogger rakes in 4.5 stars for me). It's that easy, it's that simple. And well, reading well-maintained blogs that have been around since 2000, I'm more convinced that I'm on the right site.

And if you're asking why a quasi-web dev like me isn't setting up my own webpage...well actually, I have been juggling three sites. But I just keep coming back to Blogger because, like everyone else, I just wanna blog. :)

***

Okay guys back to business! If you want to submit your own story, bring it on! Write something and send back the link here!

So what makes Blogger extra special for you?

Click here to find out more about Blogger Turns 10.

No comments: